Planning a wedding is going to be stressful and one of the biggest concerns will surround the photographer. Many issues that arise can be corrected at short notice but on the day if the photographer does not perform, there can be a major problem. You won’t be able to rerun the day and all the pictures – and the video – which you hoped to keep, will be lost. A lot of research needs to be carried out and it will be ideal if you can view wedding videos of Sydney couples.
Making a Video
Everyone will have their own ideas when it comes to what will make a good video. It is important that your views and those of the photographer are the same. When viewing previous videos that they have made, you will see if they find the same aspects important that you do.
What Could Be Important?
- A variety of scenes – some serious, some fun and others when the people involved are not aware that they are being filmed.
- Not missing the main features – if the videos do not have things such as the exchanging of rings or show many family scenes, it could be that the photographer is not always paying attention.
- Long videos – weddings can last at least an hour and then there are the pictures and outside shots. If the video is short it would be likely that there will be important parts missed off.
- Picture quality – there will be times when people are in the distance, but most shots should be close-up and clear.
- Sound quality – poor recording equipment could mean that a lot of special moments are not saved for posterity.
Getting To Know the Cameraman
As well as the quality of the films, you may want to find out about the qualities of the person operating the camera. It is important to go and visit the company before booking and evaluating the person involved. Do you feel comfortable with them and do you feel that they will interact well with your guests? Any animosity could ruin the moment and what could be a great scene will turn out to be bland at best, unusable at worst.
Type of Wedding
If you want a straightforward Australian wedding, many companies will be able to video it, but what happens when you want something different. There are many things you may wish to include that will not be part of a “normal” wedding but it will be vital that they are included in the video. The sort of things could be:
- Unusual location – up a mountain or underwater. You want to be sure that the firm are capable of producing a good video in these locations.
- Large events – will the cameraman be able to remember who he has videoed and who has not yet been captured on film? If it is a friend of a friend missed out it will not be too bad, but when it is an old friend or a favourite aunt, it is a big problem.
- Cultural wedding – if you are of a different faith to the photographer make sure that they understand the intricacies of the service and will be at the right place at the right time. Not everything can be filmed again and a mistake can make the video a disappointment.
You should view wedding videos of Sydney couples in advance of signing on the dotted line. It is a big industry and there are a lot of people out there who will want to do business with you. It is up to you to do the research and make sure that you choose the right one.